About Financial Planning Week
Financial Planning Week is an ongoing annual consumer initiative, organised by the Financial Planning Institute (FPI), to make financial planning a fundamental aspect of South African lives. By bringing together the industry and other key players, the week is dedicated to:
- Raising awareness of the importance of financial planning and calling to action all stakeholders for the benefit of all South Africans.
- Encouraging the industry to promote the value of financial planning to their clients.
- Providing a platform for professional financial planners to discuss the necessity ad progress of the financial planning profession.
- Encouraging consumers to take positive planning action.
- Promoting the benefits of comprehensive financial planning to South Africans, other financial planners, financial services providers and regulators.
- Promoting the value of the CFP® designation to the industry and public.
- Differentiating the nature of financial planning from product-orientated financial advice.